Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Modern Cat Lady

So lately I've been trying to organize the results of my life-long hoarder's disease, and decide what to keep, what to give to charity, what to incinerate, and last but not least, what to sell to you lovely people on my Etsy site. Anyway, this little plaid patchwork Marc Jacobs number jumped out at me from one of my many dust covered boxes I had shipped up here from Florida. I had gotten it off the internet for super cheap [cheap as designer standards go, anyway] at least five years ago. I've barely ever worn it though, because  apparently designers design clothes for models and people with torsos twice as tall as mine. My frame is just too miniscule, and gets swallowed by unflattering silhouettes every time. [I've purchased three Marc Jacobs dresses total, all of them size 2s, and all of them slightly too large and in charge, so I never wear any of them. Which means I either need to sell them, or alter them. Decisions, decisions...] But yeah, so I was messing around with this one, trying to see how I could wear it, and/or style it to sell. This is what I came up with in fifteen minutes, before I got sidetracked by some soup and an episode of Law & Order: SVU. I added a skinny belt that you can't see to make it fit better and of course show off a little more of my extremely sexy calves or whatever. The glasses are faux wood ones I have been meaning to fill with sunglass lenses, so I don't end up looking like a faux dork IRL. [IRL means "In Real Life" for all you people who somehow accidently stumbled on my site, were appalled by the fact that I'm a hoarder, and aren't actually internet nerds like me.]


faux wood glasses: Asain interwebz? $1O?
pleather jacket: Urban Outfitters; free because no tags/censor and my friend is a badass [shh]
plaid patchwork dress: Marc Jacobs; Ebay; $1OO-2OO? So long ago...
kitten backpack: x-mas present from the boy; he got it online from London
studded brogues: Dolce Vita for Target; on sale for $15!
trouser socks: CVS Pharmacy

2 comments:

Selma Selimovic said...

This bag with cat print is really great.

Toni said...

So happy I stumbled across your blog! LOVE these shoes they're beautiful, so are you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails